WTFM Christmas Cash Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the WTFM Christmas Cash Giveaway promotion (the “Promotion”) being conducted by WTFM-FM (the “Station”) beginning on or around Tuesday, November 10th at 6:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ending on or around Friday, December 11th at 5:59pm ET (the “Promotion Dates”).
- To participate in the Promotion, you must listen to WTFM-FM weekdays during the Promotion Dates for the cue to call. Upon hearing the cue to call, the correct number caller to get through to the Station contest lines at 423-245-9898, 423-928-9898 or 423-968-9898 will have the chance for the on-air announcer(s) to spin the Christmas Cash Wheel on their behalf. At the time of their call, callers will be required to provide all information requested including their full name, complete address (including zip code), day and evening phone numbers and date of birth in order to be eligible to win. In the event that the selected caller is disconnected or is found to be ineligible, the next eligible caller that successfully makes it through on the call-in line and completes their call will participate. There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call in to win, but a listener may be a winner only once. There will be a maximum of three (3) callers a day selected on-air during the Promotion Dates with the exception of Thanksgiving Day. The Station is not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call. Due to delays in the WTFM-FM online streaming of its broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in or may be disadvantaged in participating in on-air contests.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all legal US residents who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of the Station, Holston Valley Broadcasting Corporation, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, other radio stations in the Tri-Cities metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families and/or households are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Listeners are eligible to win a cash prize or gift card valued at $25 or more from the Station only once every thirty (30) days. Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station promotion.
- The winner must provide valid government-issued photo identification and provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
- The Christmas Cash Wheel contains random prize awards ranging from a minimum of $25 to a maximum of $1000. $25 Food City gift cards are also included. Dollar amounts on the wheel increase progressively on a weekly basic as contest progresses until $1000 prize is won. Contestants will win the money amount that wheel pointer eventually stops on after a full spin by the on-air announcers(s). Spins are totally random and contestants realize that winning is totally by chance. Contestants have a maximum of two (2) wheel spins per play. In the event the wheel lands on a “Grinch” slot on their second spin, contestant loses and forfeits all prizes previously won. Such contestants will be offered a consolation prize and will be eligible to participate in the contest again. . The winner will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the Prize.
- The prizes will be awarded in the form of a check from Holston Valley Broadcasting Corp. Processing of the check will begin when the winner has provided all required information and/or completed all paperwork and required releases/affidavits and all required documents are received by the Station. Prize checks will be mailed to the winners address provided to station or on the 1099 form filled out by the winner, if applicable. The check may take 1-3 weeks to be received. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate in the mail. Winners will have the option to pick up their checks at Station’s business address during regular business hours after one week following winning.
- There is no substitution or transfer for prizes. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- Winners will be notified of winning by the Station at the time of their winning phone calls. Prizes will be awarded upon confirmation of eligibility.
- Odds of winning depend in part upon the number and order of calls received.
- Winners must listen to the Station to win but do not need to be present to win.
- The winners must pick up prizes and/or execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within thirty (30) days of winning or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to pick up prize and/or sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form 1099 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete 1099 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- By participating in the Promotion, the winner agrees to have the winner’s name, voice and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Promotion without additional financial or other compensation, prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to receiving any prize, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, act of God or any other causes beyond the control of the Station that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in a contestant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future Promotions.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion at any time.
- Station management is the exclusive contest judge, and in all respects their decisions will be final.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “WTFM Christmas Cash Giveaway” Promotion – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, WTFM, 222 Commerce Street, Kingsport Tennessee 37660. The Official Rules shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and posted online at www.wtfm.com.